2014 has really been the year of the junk journal in my Etsy shop but also in my own crafting:
- I used one to document some of the special occasions in May
- and followed that up with my Summertime journal which ran from June to September.
- Then ... I used an altered book to mark out days in September ...
- ... and I'm rounding off the year with a festive junk journal!
Oh and, if you need any more persuading ... these kits are truly unique as each pack contains a selection of 5 original, unused, Christmas cards from the 70s/80s!! If you're of a certain age [like me] then you're likely to even recognise some of them ... they're an amazing blast from the past!
Over the 10 different designs of pack there's a colour-combination to suit most tastes and there are 'Christmassy Bits' embellishment packs to coordinate with them too:
[A] Some are bright / modern / pink / purple/ eclectic ...
'Rockin Robin'; 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree'; 'Baby It's Cold Outside', 'Thomas at Christmas'; Blue + Red Christmassy Bits.
[C] ... then there are those in typical traditional deep reds / burgundy / fir green:
'The Holly & The Ivy'; 'A Partridge in a Pear Tree'; 'Rouge & Turquoise' Christmassy Bits.
[D] And finally ... something soft / vintage / romantic / neutral:
'Hark the Herald Angels Sing'; 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen'; White Gold + Ice / Gold Christmassy Bits.
And there a few more on the shop shelves too. And here are a few more details on the journals:
*FESTIVE JUNK JOURNAL* bits packs contain 25+ items including ...
- 5 **unused** ORIGINAL Christmas cards from the 70s/80s in shades which compliment the pack. You can use these as pages in your book [I have in mine!] or else to send to loved ones - it's entirely up to you. [Please note that, as the cards are over approx. 30years old some may be imperfect around the edges].
- approx. 25 colour-co-ordinated items including pockets, patterned paper pages, labels, tags etc
- something a bit sturdier to use as a cover plus a section of corrugated card to use as a book spine [complete with link to a tutorial].
- plus approx. 1 metre of coordinating twine.
If you've got any questions about the packs, then ask away [either here or on my Facebook page]. I'm sure I'll get around to sharing photos of my own journal at some point but, until then, if you need inspiration of what to do with a pack like this then just browse back through my other journals of 2014 as the principles exactly the same .... just less festive!
p.s: I'm planning to offer some more of the original retro Christmas cards for sale singly - not in packs - so if there's any that have caught your eye then hold that thought ....