That bedraggled creature with a windswept hair poking out beneath a hood and with damp trouser hems? That's me after my little walk this morning. In the wind and rain. How about you? I hope things are drier and calmer where you are today.
[Whatever the weather don't forget you can join in with any weather-related number moment for this month's Communal Count - all the details are here.]
But, while I dry off by a radiator, let me launch into the 5th, and penultimate, week of Going Postal 2013 with some scrapbooking ...
Although pre-made, bought, shiny + new embellishments are great ... and although I use plenty of them in my paper-crafting ... I really do like to mix them into my projects along with some more 'real' bits and bobs. You know the sort of thing:
- One of a kind once-it's-stuck-down-it's-gone type elements.
[Hey after 4 weeks of Going Postal you knew that that's where this was going didn't you? At least I didn't let you down!]
And that's precisely what I did here; threaded a random - but colour-coordinated - selection of old postage stamps throughout an otherwise modern layout:
Also, as this layout about yarn-bombing demonstrates, postage stamps don't only work on travel or correspondence themed pages either:
Just treat them as you would any other colourful embellishment in your supplies [and goodness knows some of those commercial scrapbooking sticker sheets have some weird sentiments and images on them that don't particularly go with anything ... but they still get used!].
Just group them together on your layouts or sneak them in anywhere you would a regular paper layer:
There's been an influx of fabulously varied posty-posts being shared across BlogWorld in the last week or so, so ... if you haven't already visited the Going Postal board where they're all saved, take a minute or two when you get time. [Just click on the image you want to learn more about until you're taken across to the original post].
If you join in with a posty post of your own:
- let your readers know you're Going Postal [a few words of introduction is fine];
- link up to my blog or the Going Postal Pinterest board where I'll be saving your post.
- then - if you use Pinterest please consider pinning it to one of your own boards, link me up, and I'll 're-pin' it.
- but - if you DON'T use Pinterest drop by here or my Facebook page and leave a link to your postal-themed project or story before Oct 27th and I'll add you to the board for all to share your contribution.
- The Going Postal Pinterest board has close to 800 followers ... so this could be a fun way to get your blog seen by some new eyes!
Any problems or questions - just get in touch. :-)