A few of the postal-themed posts contributed to Going Postal this year, such as Deb's and Mel's, have mentioned proper old-fashioned 'snail mail' pen-pals ... [hey, I'm not claiming I'm not old and don't remember when snail mail was all there was! Many a time did I spend my pocket money on the perfect stationery and stickers to prepare to write to my own pen-pals .. we're all on the same page here. Almost literally!]
And it all leads me to my latest posty-inspired project: a colourful paper 'wrap' for a plain stationery set:
You could use this letter writing bundle to let someone know you want to keep in touch ...
|For an 'Instant Collection' of similar colour-coordinated stamps visit the 'Ephemera' shelf of my shop.|
- wrap a set of handmade greetings cards to give as a gift to someone who likes handmade - but who doesn't make their own;
- personalise a bar of chocolate - leave the foil on but replace the original paper wrapper with something prettier;
- liven up plain gift boxes with a wrap that add a stylish luxury finish ...
COMING NEXT WEEK ...
- If the timetable I created for Going Postal is correct then I have just two crafty projects left to share in this series! I can't believe we're almost at the end of 6 weeks of posty celebrations! That said, there's actually more than two posts left ...
- alongside the paper-crafting there's a mix of things happening in the final week including ...
- a special offer from a gorgeous store where you'll get some great ideas for Christmas gifts for happy post lovers!
- ... and a peek inside my bedroom ... all for purely innocent postal reasons I assure you!
If you haven't already visited the Going Postal board where everyone's posty blog posts are all saved, then do treat yourself to a browse when you get time. [Just click on the image you want to learn more about until you're taken across to the original post].
If you join in with a posty post of your own:
- let your readers know you're Going Postal [a few words of introduction is fine];
- link up to my blog or the Going Postal Pinterest board where I'll be saving your post.
- then - if you use Pinterest please consider pinning it to one of your own boards, link me up, and I'll 're-pin' it.
- but - if you DON'T use Pinterest drop by here or my Facebook page and leave a link to your postal-themed project or story before Oct 27th and I'll add you to the board for all to share your contribution.
- The Going Postal Pinterest board has close to 800 followers ... so this could be a fun way to get your blog seen by some new eyes!
Any problems or questions - just get in touch.