Hey, hey. How's things today?
You know how I told you all my best tips about organising an on-going project a few weeks back?
Well today you can call me a hypocrite if you like because, for my latest project '52 Weeks of Photos' ... I'm not exactly following all those rules!
- I'm not selecting all my supplies in advance ... because how bored would I get with that? 52 weeks worth of creative decisions already made for me?
- And I'm not creating any pages in advance either ... because I've thought of another fun way to keep myself happily scrapping in the same format for a whole year ... but more of that soon ...
Oh, all except that we've all taken a self-portrait as our first instalment - and we'll be doing the same 52 weeks later for our final one. And here's mine:
- I've decided to, wherever possible, use up my old alpha and number stickers BUT also ...
- make good use of my most recent supplies on my pages in this album [which consists of 6x8 split page protectors].
- Not because I only like new stash [you know how I'm fond of vintage papers!] but because I want to put any new supplies - papers in particular - to full use straight away ... while I still love them. While they're still my favourites!
- This way at the end of the year, alongside 52 photos illustrating my life over that time scale, I'll also have a record of how [or if] my crafty-tastes changed too!
For more details on the Shimmerz products I've used on these pages visit my 3DJean DT post today.
But, amid all the newness ... I decided to introduce a couple of recurring features to give some continuity to the 52 individual 6"x4" pages and so you'll find:
- a snippet of camera patterned paper [see above] tucked in somewhere from time to time, plus ...
- the occasional appearance of something zebra-ish or animal print-y in general [below]:
So what do you reckon? Something you'd like to try out too?
- if you're looking for something regular and no-pressure to join in with;
- something that will get you not only taking photos BUT printing and scrapbooking them;
- something which could be as 'bite-sized' or grand as you care to make it;
- then you're welcome to join in too - check out the list of 52 Weeks of Photos here.
I'm sure I'll share my pages from time to time here and over on the 3DJean blog too.
Right, I'll leave you to think about it, and it's back to Going Postal tomorrow ... so I'll see you then.