In my previous posts I've been heavily promoting / twisting your arm / forcing you ... to consider how the most random 'found' phrases make brilliant sentiments for your card making. And that's true. They are brilliant. Would I lie to you?
... if that's not really your thing, how about finding a snippet which poses a question instead? Like this:
The great thing about asking a direct question on the front of a card - or indeed on any paper craft projects - is that it gives you an automatic link with the person reading it.
We just can't help answering it ... even if it's just in our heads. So, if you like the idea of snipping out some ready-made questions then here are a few tips ...
Where to find a good source of interesting questions to add to your projects:
Old school books and textbooks:
- just think back to when you were in school and were given a book to work through when the teacher wanted to keep everyone quiet for an hour!
- School books, comprehension books, textbooks, Q+A books ... they're all filled with questions for you to browse through and find something suitable for your project
- An old 'Library Assignments' book from the 60s has become a firm favourite of mine and has featured in many, many projects over the last few years.
- You can often find this kind of book in the childrens' book section of old book shops or ... you could always commission a custom pack of question pages from my shop and 'll do my best to find a mix for you from my collection.
Foreign language phrase books:
- because phrase books are set up to help you make sense of things in a new country ... they're full of questions!
- 'Have you fruit salts?'
- 'Ought I to dress?'
- 'Would you close the porthole?'
- 'Is your cycle in order?'
- 'What are you doing here?'
- 'Who are you waiting for?'
- 'Will you come with me?'
- 'Must I change?'
But if you'd like a purely phrase book pack ...again, I can put together a custom order for you. Just get in touch.
And, before we go, here's a quick look inside the card itself:
Snippets of Words Pinterest board where I'm keeping all my posts, plus inspiration form other people too.
I'll share another snippet card next Monday ... maybe you'll have some snippety projects of your own to share by then? If you fancy it - just let me know - and I'll drop by for a look. Or link me up via my Facebook page.
But I'll be back before then with something else to try to drag a grin from you! [You know me: will perform for smiles].