I'm going to pretend you missed me, if that's OK with you? Good ... let's move on ...
This year I thought it might be a fun to join in with the 'Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt' hosted by Rinda Ontiveros over at Gallo Organico.
So, all the while I've been away in Lincoln, I've been making a start at snapping some of the 21 categories of photo from Rinda's list. I've got the full list in my sidebar [over there somewhere >>>] if you're interested ... and you can check out the full details on Rinda's blog post here.
Here's what I've found so far:
6. A historical landmark:
Steep Hill in Lincoln [go on ... ask me how it got it's name ... ].
Apparently it's a Roman roadway so I'm pretty sure that makes it a historical landmark.
As usual we stayed in a guesthouse at the top end of town and, as usual, the decison whether or not to wear heels or flats when going out for a meal was based purely on whether I'd have to scale the hill to reach the restaurant.
Because, while I like nice shoes ... I like un-broken ankles and teeth even more.
7. A person playing a musical instrument
8. A person dressed as an angel or a statue of an angel:
And from the sublime to ...
11. A shadow:
And, in case you're wondering ... that oddly and questionably shaped 'thing' in between us is his ... camera. Obvs.
17. A church, chapel, cathedral, mosque or temple:
Despite being non-church-goers we thoroughly enjoyed listening to the music from the service being conducted in another part of the building. James said it was like when we listen to Radio 3 ... only real ...
It was very restful.
19. An outdoor stairway:
21. A picture of you standing with something that symbolizes your nation:
[Yes, clearly I don't know what specific type of plane this is but I can definitely say that it's 'large' because it is and I can confidently say it's an RAF plane ... because it says so in big letters on the side.]
If you remember any of my previous post Airshow posts [such as this or this] you'll know I'm not actually into planes myself but rather that I go to the Airshow:
- to keep James company;
- to collect what I call 'Girl Points' i.e: goodwill which I can cash-in later, like when I want him to take me to a papercraft show ... ;-)
- to eat junk food. It was a bacon + sausage sandwich followed by a Mr.Whippy ice-cream this year [although, to be fair, I don't really need an excuse to eat junk food.]
- to listen-in to conversations and take photos of funny things I find [I'll share these soon];
- and to people-watch. And those 'people' sometimes includes pilots in snug uniforms ...
I think I'm going to enjoy collecting as many of the Scavenger Hunt photos as possible as it's nice to have a bit of challenge and a bit of structure to the randomness of life! And who doesn't like crossing things off a list?
And if nothing else it's already resulted in some noteworthy moments, such as ...
... when I missed the chance to capture a shot of #10: A Horse because James couldn't get the camera out of his bag in time before it trotted off.
So, the next time we were in the same spot I found myself walking through a 14th Century Exchequer Gate [in the Cathedral quarter] stridently declaring: "If there's a horse around this corner ... you'd better be ready!!".
Ahhh .... memories are made of this ...
See you soon.