I'm always trying to think up new and interesting themes for my Plundered Pages packs and so I couldn't resist making one to fit in with 'A Month of Sunrays'. And here it is:
- the general theme I'm trying to curate: so in the case of this pack the theme was anythign to do with sunshine, warmth, light and yellowness!
- But while there's definitely a thread of similar ideas running through a whole pack ... I want to leave room for interpretation too.
- So I try to include a good mix of pages which a customer can translate into their own specific project.
- the kinds of things someone could do with it: because I really want them to be loved and used once they find a new home.
- So I try to think what kinds of scrapbook layouts, art journal pages, mini books, collages, greetings cards etc etc could be made from each theme ... and I get really excited at the infinite options for this.
- eg. this pack could be turned into lots of 'happy mail', Get Well cards, meaningful journal pages, summer holiday layouts or motvational mini quote books ... and more.
And I know how inspiring it is to work with unique, original vinatge papers ... because it's what I love to do myself and it's what led to my collecting the old books and ephemera, which I now incorporate into my packs, in the first place!
Which is where the idea for 'Plundering Pages' a new blog feature, starting next month, came from:
I'm going to be sharing projects made using the kinds of items which make their way into my paper packs and I'm hoping it's going to appeal to you if ...
- you've bought a pack of Plundered Pages and are looking for a few ideas on how to use them; OR ...
- you've been thinking about buying a pack but were unsure as you haven't much experience in using non-traditional crafting supplies + ephemera; OR ...
- you have your own existing collection of ehphemera and vintage paper and would like some inspiration for using it.
- [If, like one of my friends, you break out in a cold sweat at the thought of using anything recycled, reclaimed or hacked from an old book ... you can just sit at a safe distance and enjoy the pretty projects.]
But that's all starting next month, until then ...
Here's a few quick reminders:
- There's a chance to win a ribbon and embellishment kit from The Ribbon Girl ribbon kit - here, you just need to leave a comment to enter.
- If you'd like to join in with the theme of the series simply blog your own sunny, warm, bright or positive project / photo / story etc etc - add in a brief link to this series in your post somewhere - let me know about it and I'll pin it to the Pinterest board. Speaking of which ...
- The Month of Sunrays board is here - and is constantly expanding with cheery images, links and inspiration.