Another month ... another themed blog series, so here's the story behind the latest ...
If you're a regular reader here you might recall a post last month wherein I
There's a quote, [credited to various people but most often as a Chinese Proverb] which I've used many times before which goes something like:
It's better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness.
Or, as my Grandma might have re-phrased it:
If you don't like it, stop moaning and do something about it.
So this month I'm going to attempt to redress the balance thusly ...
notes on paper is going yellow this month in an attempt to cast a few sunrays over the grey new year we've had, here in the UK at least. But wherever you are I hope you'll find something here to brighten your day at some point during February.
|This is an old project on the same theme. Blogged in Jan.09 - click photo to visit original post.|
Personally I'm somewhere in between, and I'm also missing the warmth of the sun, so have decided to embrace the cheeriest of shades once again and wallow in a month of virtual sunshine.
And it really won't take much effort for me to turn yellow ... my blog, photo files, craft projects, home decor and wardrobe are splattered with it, so it's just a case of bringing it all together and sharing it here this month. And there'll be a few guests dropping by to share their own particular brand of sunshine too.
And here's how you can join in too:
- Drop by, read, listen, look etc ... smile ... go on your merry way.
- Drop by, read, listen, look etc ... smile ... leave a comment. Even if it's just to tell me that there's no way on earth I'll convince you to wear yellow ... because I will be attempting to do that at some point in the next 27 days. Believe me.
- Drop by, read, listen, look etc ... smile ... feel inspired, go away and blog your own cheery 'something'.
- Take a sunny photo or share one from a sunny day past.
- Wear yellow! [I told you I wasn't going to let up on this ...] Take a photo of you doing such a wonderful thing. Blog / Tweet / Facebook / Instagram it etc.
- Make a yellow craft project. Blog it!
- Share any photo, story, song that makes you happy.
- Create your own Pinterest board and fill it with heartwarming goodness! Or yellow clothes.
- There's a 'Month of Sunrays' Pinterest board here.
- If you send me a link to your bright post - which includes a quick link to my blog somewhere - I'll pin it to the board.
- You're likely to get more visitors to your own blog when people spot your project on Pinterest [there are currently 214 following the board] and - because you included a link to me - you are helping direct your readers to my blog in return. Which I think's fair.
See you then.